Character

I picked this project because I honestly thought it would be easier but it turned out not at all. I initially thought the project was about creating a character and then doing a photoshoot in the end. Well, even thought that is the main goal of the project, it had to be a modern character, not historical, and that was my big fat mistake. 

So, I started this project with the idea of making my character a Suffragette, I recently watched the TV show Mr. Selfridge and in one of the episodes they talk a lot about them, so I thought it would be a good idea. I starting researching online and watching documentaries on Youtube and learned they were quite the rebels and were arrested and destroyed public property and everything. Really interesting stuff. My character was called "Millicent Ashby" - named after two real Suffragette names I found on Google. She was going to be a widow whose life changed after the death of her husband, she would try to find a job but because she was quite old and a woman she couldn't find anything. Moreover, one of her friends talked to her about this amazing group of women fighting for justice and women's vote. So she joins them and everything and gets arrested and is forced feed. 

I researched about modern designers and was going to do a photoshoot in a modern style but with suffragette theme. BUT then, after all this research I learned it need to create a modern character.  

So I panicked a little bit and went to Pinterest for a little research. I quickly came up with the idea of creating a woman, she would be around 30, a freelance PR and she would be married. Her name is Ower Downs and she is Korean Born British married to a English man called James Downs.