Assisting Job

Assisting my teacher during her styling job was absolutely amazing. I learned so much within a couple of days and my thoughts about styling changed and I could confirm I really want to pursue this career. It's very physically exhausting and you need a strong sense of self control and sense of self to do it. There is always people to piss you off and give a "Diva" attitude, showing authority with kindness seems the best way to deal with kind of people. 

The place was cold and there weren't that much space to keep the clothes organised but we managed and we were dressing the singer and the main girl of the video. Three outfits for each and I learned it takes ages to make a video. Everything looks so simple on the screen, not so much on the real thing. We started around 9am and finished around 7pm. Styling is a hard work, and if I was sorry before now i'm even more of how this profession does not have the recognition that deserve. The stylist have to combine different elements to create an image, everything is connected - hair, make-up, styling. There is no industry without them and yes, they reach completely different markets and even I dare to say connects fashion with other areas. You need the stylist to create an image, it doesn't matter if it's in a person or a photography.